Head of Data
What we are looking for
Meep is looking for a talented and proactive Data Scientist to join our team in Madrid and lead our Analytics Department! You are eager to start a new challenge with the potential for high impact and leadership, and are skilled in bringing actionable data insights to help your team succeed. You are curious, not afraid of getting your hands dirty with data and always keen on learning something new. You are someone who loves to be challenged, and doing something meaningful matters to you. You have experience in database management, machine learning and data visualization techniques and are comfortable applying current and upcoming research methodologies toward a shared goal with perseverance to deliver results.
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Lead and leverage the Meep’s data Infrastructure
- Ensuring consistent and reliable data cleaning and access
- Define metrics and visualizations to best assess our platform and understand our users
- Proactively identify insight from our users data and transform into recommendations and actions to improve our deliverables
- Develop an analytical framework using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to leverage our data and better understand mobility behaviors, for instance building several predictions and classifications model for transport demands and vehicle usage.
- Smoothly and constantly communicate with the developers, marketing and business teams to ensure that they are providing the right data and are able to follow your recommendations
- Hold an advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or Operations Research.
- 2+ years of experience in data science, machine learning or engineering in building and implementing a data analytics model;
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning theory, statistics and probabilities.
- Experience in project management and ability to work with team remotely and to provide results in a collaborative or independent environment
- Excellent programming skills in SQL and Python. Experience working on the Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Comfortable with the use of machine learning tools & packages: TensorFlow, BigQuery ML, scikit, xgboost, keras…
- Experience in data warehouse management (BigQuery a plus), knowledge about implementing and maintaining ETL processes and complex workflows is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with the engineering and development team to implement data backend recommendations
- Perseverant research mindset with bias towards action – able to dig and find relevant resources to find a solution and to structure it in a viable project
- Ability to draw actionable recommendations from data and communicate it clearly to our different teams
- Previous experience in a startup is a plus.
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
- Good English and Spanish
- Attractive compensation and flexible working environment
- Performance bonuses
- Social events
- Basketball and football ticket games
- Budget for training, certifications and team building activities
- The opportunity to make a real impact on city travel and contribute to progressive transportation trends like MaaS and smarter, cleaner cities
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great culture